FOUNDATION AND HISTORY

The history of TATRACHEMA dates back to 30th October 1945, when a group of 19 private individuals submitted the notification on the foundation of a new company in the form of the so called “FOUNDATION PROSPECT” to the Regional Court of Justice in Bratislava. The establishing General Assembly meeting held 9th November 1945 approved the first Articles of Association, pursuant to which the company was named UNIOSA – association for the production and trading in soap, cosmetic articles and chemical-technological products, Bratislava based limited liability co-operative. Twelve persons entered into the UNIOSA co-operative and contributed 175 membership shares, each in the value of Kčs 5.000,-. These funds represented the basis for the development of future business activities.

In September 1946 the Trade Confederation accepted the UNIOSA co-operative as its first chemical co-operative member.

Podielová knižkaDuring this time period the UNIOSA co-operative was focused on the acquisition of the domestic and international soap and soap production raw materials market share. The co-operative members were not interested in pursuing the production activities and focused on the trade, especially the international business was expected to become the source of the co-operative’s high income. Everything what could potentially generate profits was subject to trading: cosmetic products, raw materials used for the production of soap. The business partners were located in the U.K., Argentina, Belgium, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Hungary, Palestine, Portugal, Austria, Switzerland, etc. The year 1948 meant nationalization of the domestic and foreign trade; the Ministry of Foreign Affairs declined UNIOSA´s applications for all import and export licences and the co-operative had to refocus itself on the production activities.


In the years 1949 – 1953 the UNIOSA co-operative experienced its most turbulent time period of its existence. During these years the managing bodies of the co-operative were revised thoroughly and the positions were assigned to the working class staff. The co-operative further specialized in the acquisition and processing of diverse fat industry raw materials.

During the meeting held 3rd September 1950 in the CARLTON hotel in Bratislava 72 members of the co-operative elected the new board and supervisory board of the co-operative and approved the change of the name to: TATRACHEMA, co-operative for the production of chemical-technological components s.r.o. (Ltd.) Bratislava. The District Court in Bratislava however rejected to accept the changes and disregarded all resolutions passed by declaring them invalid, and called for the clarification of the co-operative’s legal situation.

Výroba DiavaDuring this time period the four associated private producers (MOHÁR, FRICHÉMIA, FRICHEMOTEXTIL and CHEMOBOHÉMIA) were extended by further associated UNIOSA manufacturers: ISTAKO, NOVOCHEMA, CENTROCOLOR, CHERRYLAK, BYLEPO, ALBONA, WALDOR, AGIEX, DIAVA, WALMATA. The separate former owners of the companies became mostly the factory managers. The factories pursued their economic activities independently and on a more or less uncontrolled basis.

The name UNIOSA remained unchanged until the extraordinary General Assembly held 29th October 1951 in Bratislava, by which the new business name TATRACHEMA, production co-operative s.r.o. (Ltd.) in Bratislava was passed. The newly drafted Articles of Association allowed for the creation of a socialist co-operation by the transformation to a production co-operative. In 1953 TATRACHEMA became national co-operation and the boom of its activities started. In 1953 the general manager and the co-operative chairman positions were merged, by which the double-tracked political-economic management of the co-operative was unified. Subsequently, the following production factories – business premises were established in the Western Slovakia region:

Trnava established as of 10th August 1950
Bratislava established as of 15th September 1950
Brezová pod Bradlom established in 1956
Senica nad Myjavou established as of 1st January 1955
Šaštín Stráže established as of 1st May 1949
Kuklov established as of 1st January 1960

The range of products become wider, and next to the production of soaps, aroma and cosmetic products also the production of skin and later on also hair cosmetics, production of water treatment – water softening agents as well as the production of a wide range of cleaning and disinfection agents belonging to the domestic detergents were launched.
In 1958 in the scope of the civil services was extended by grinding and polishing of parquet floors, further followed by laying of PVC floors in the customer flats. The range of the co-operative’s activities also included processing of plastics, leather and production of toys.

Until the year 1966 the co-operative searched for its position on the markets. Only after this year the production of the co-operative started to increase, and by 1989 our production already covered some 150 types of products, out of which the car cosmetics became an export item. During the co-operative expansion the Bratislava based operations were closed due to the refurbishment works, Brezová pod Bradlom became non-prospective, and in 1991 the Kuklov based operations specializing in plastics processing became independent. In 2004 the production of the Senica factory was moved to the factories Trnava and Šaštín Stráže.

After the disunion of the federation problems with the export to Czech Republic emerged. This lead to the establishment of the Tatrachema CZ Hodonín subsidiary in the Czech Republic, the aim of which was to place our production on the Czech markets.

The export production is carried out in two factories. Within the scope of the customer order based services we execute pool chemistry production for a foreign customer and cleaning chemistry production for several international business partners.

Currently, the economic management as well as the seat of the Trnava factory are located in Trnava. In this factory the household chemistry products, such as WC cleansers, textile treatment agents, detergents, furniture and floor treatment and polishing agents, car cosmetics and body cosmetics are produced. The trade marks such as FIXINELA, DIAVA, BONY, SIFO, TORO,GRILPUR look back at years of loyal services provided to their customers.

The second factory is seated in Šaštín Stráže. The products of this factory include powder cleansers such as CITRA, TENY, FIXINELA, water softening agents – LUXON- crystalline and calcine soda, air-trap cleanser – SIFO, washing detergents and stain removers produced under the JASO brand, LUXON scale remover, etc.

Furthermore, the wholesale and retail stores located in Trnava offer the customers next to the Tatrachema products also further wide assortment of products made by other companies.

Contact us

TATRACHEMA,
výrobné družstvo Trnava
Bulharská 40
917 02 Trnava
Slovak republic

Tel : 00421/ 33 590 1111